Skyscanner is a leading global travel search site and app, a place where people are inspired to plan and book direct from millions of travel options at the best prices.
We employ over 800 staff across ten offices globally, and, having reached market leader status, we were recently acquired by Chinese online travel company Ctrip in a deal valued at £1.4bn. While we remain operationally independent, our acquisition by Ctrip allows us to take the business to the next level of accelerated global growth.
It’s a hugely exciting time for Skyscanner and the over 60m people who use us every month. We are unbiased and free, and our secret is in our unique proprietary technology that connects people directly to everything the travel industry has to offer.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT AS A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER:
- A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
- A place to look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions
- Overall responsibility of multiple key product feature components within your area
- You will define and implement services that make up a complex sub system within the scope of your area
- Collaboration across all relevant product engineering development lifecycles
- An opportunity to influence the engineers around you
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
- Previous job experience as a software engineer ideally within an internet economy business or highly scalable environment such as messaging/streaming
- Metrics driven approach to decision making, prioritisation and continuous deployment
- Use of agile/lean methodologies for continuous delivery and improvement
- Comfortable balancing trade offs between technical, analytical and product needs
- Strong customer focus and actively challenge not impactful work
- You make others better proactively through code reviews, documentation, technical guidance and mentoring
- You will work with or lead within your team to break down solutions into small tasks to be completed autonomously
- It would be useful to have experience in large scale systems deployed to AWS
- We don’t expect you to be an expert in all of these technologies but would anticipate experience with some combined with a curiosity for others- Java, Python, .NET, C#, Docker, Elastic Search, AWS (or similar) NoSQL
How to apply
Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV or call us.