Skyscanner is a leading global travel search site and app, a place where people are inspired to plan and book direct from millions of travel options at the best prices.
We employ over 800 staff across ten offices globally, and, having reached market leader status, we were recently acquired by Chinese online travel company Ctrip in a deal valued at £1.4bn. While we remain operationally independent, our acquisition by Ctrip allows us to take the business to the next level of accelerated global growth.
It’s a hugely exciting time for Skyscanner and the over 60m people who use us every month. We are unbiased and free, and our secret is in our unique proprietary technology that connects people directly to everything the travel industry has to offer.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT AS A SENIOR FULL STACK ENGINEER:
- A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
- A place to look at things differently and offer up solutions, as well as challenging them
- Collaboration across product engineering, from initial ideas to solutions going live
- Being responsible for multiple key product feature components within your area
- You’ll define and implement the services that make up a complex sub system within the scope of your area
- An opportunity to influence your fellow engineers, and be generous with your time and experience
- Learning from the similarly great minds around you
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
- Previous job experience as a software engineer, ideally within an internet economy business
- Metrics driven approach to making decisions, prioritisation and continuous deployment
- Modern engineering mindset – you’re keen to experiment and use A/B testing in order to move forward quickly and efficiently
- Use of agile or lean methodologies for continuous delivery to improve travellers’ experiences
- You feel comfortable balancing technical, analytical and product needs, and know the difference between Single Page Apps and Server-Side Rendering
- You’re enthusiastic about meeting customer needs and appreciate what makes beautiful product, UX and design
- You actively help people through code reviews, documentation, technical guidance and mentoring
- Capable of working with others to build a new frontend codebase from scratch, enabling us to scale through component driven development
- You’re excellent with and excited by modern frontend technologies and frameworks, such as: ES6, Sass/Less, Webpack, npm, React, Angular, Vue, Backbone and HTML, CSS
- It would be useful to have experience in large scale systems deployed to AWS
How to apply
Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV or call us.