About the project:
The client's Financial Applications team (“FinApps”) plans to migrate several end-user computing applications to a microservices architecture and thus is working on several developments using the Java development language. The client looks to extend the current internal development team to speed up the architecture implementation and thereby the EUCAs migration.
- Work with the client's subject matter experts to gather business requirements and any other relevant input;
- Perform analysis of existing solutions and additional/new end-user requirements;
- Design applications and microservices addressing these requirements;
- Implement applications and microservices considering the technology stack and following the processes approved by the FinApps team;
- Implement automated test cases (unit tests, acceptance tests);
- Test (unit test, integration test, system test, performance test) applications and microservices;
- Support the business users during user acceptance testing and obtain business sign-off;
- Provide documentation, reporting, and change management related to applications and microservices;
- Create and execute trainings;
- Identify risks and liaise on issues related to changes;
- Act as a change agent to help facilitate effective deployments/modifications to new and current industry practices;
- Maintain customer relationships within different divisions to ensure smooth communication;
- Support and operate required development tools as well as the developed applications themselves.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of 5 years’ development and rollout experience with Java in a professional environment;
- Good experience with automatic testing, e.g., JUnit, Cucumber;
- Good experience with Spring, Spring Boot, JPA, and Hibernate;
- Good experience with the use of version control systems, e.g., Subversion, BitBucket, Git, Mercurial;
- Good experience in agile software development, preferably Scrum;
- Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience with Apache Camel;
- Solid experience with Angular 2 or comparable web framework;
- Experience with continuous integration and continues delivery pipelines, e.g., Jenkins;
- Experience with BigData solutions, e.g., Hadoop;
- Experience with microservices monitoring solutions, e.g., ElastiStack;
- Experience with containerized environments, e.g., Docker, with XML parsers;
- Good experience of working in IT projects, preferably in a financial services context;
- Experience in DevOps;
- Experience in estimating, forecasting, actuals tracking, project reporting.
Nice to have:
How to apply
Send us an e-mail at email@example.com with your CV or call us.