Ness Digital Engineering designs and builds digital platforms and software that help organizations engage customers, differentiate their brands, and drive revenue growth. Our customer experience designers, software engineers and data experts partner with clients to develop roadmaps that identify ongoing opportunities to increase the value of their digital products and services.
Through agile development of minimum viable products (MVPs), our clients can test new ideas in the market and continually adapt to changing business conditions—giving our clients the leverage to lead market disruption in their industries and compete more effectively to drive revenue growth. For more information, visit: www.ness.com.
The new campus, located in Timisoara, enables Ness Digital Engineering to tap into an abundant talent pool in Romania that includes deep automotive industry expertise and experience aligning big data and consumer-facing applications to develop solutions that create more engaging user experiences.
We’re interested in investing in your potential, knowledge and possibility of growing with us as we expend and anchor as professional team and office both in Timisoara market and within Ness Digital Engineering.
About the client
Geo is a young company, established in Cambridge, business that enjoys breaking new ground in home energy. Their working field is Energy space: monitor & control.
Over the past 10 years they have developed over a dozen products, sold more then 2 million energy monitoring systems. Geo is well known in UK, plan to expand in other parts of Europe.
Geo’s in-home displays are handy little devices, that show in real time, how much energy is consumed. Geo smart thermostat is called COSY (Release 0 happened in 2013 and won Silver International Design Award in 2014).
Geo's software technologies range from ultra-low power IoT to big data cloud services.
For more information, visit geotogether.com .
- Facilitate the definition of new product feature-sets, cost and schedule;
- Work directly in a highly interactive team-oriented environment, with multiple disciplines – hardware/software, consumer design, quality assurance, operations, marketing, business development to manage deliverables, dependencies and risks;
- Create robust, fault-tolerant distributed systems in a multi-threaded/multi-process environment;
- Development and component testing in embedded ISR, RTOS or Linux based systems, depending on system complexity. The project is running on controllers ranging from PIC and 8051 to ARM Coretex M3 &M4;
- Debugging on communication stacks and uC driver modules;
- Continuously evaluate and communicate project status, risks and issues to upper management;
- Participate in the design of major features from initial requirements through customer acceptance;
- Promptly document and report any blockers or any issues that may impact upon the product development lifecycle, as they arise;
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality;
- Displays original thinking and creativity;
- Takes initiative and develops innovative approaches / ideas.
- Good knowledge of microcontrollers, including low end micro-controllers;
- Advanced embedded C programming skills;
- Knowledge of RF and Wireless communication protocols (e.g. ZigBee);
- Embedded Linux and RTOS knowledge;
- Familiarity with writing drivers;
- Good debugging skills and problem solving abilities.
- Experience with low-level debugging;
- Experience with Unit Test development;
- Proven ability to work effectively in an agile team at all phases of product development;
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field;
- Interest in or exposure to smart energy and IoT systems.
- Experienced team and challenging projects;
- Floating holidays;
- Home office;
- Fresh fruits and beverages;
- Fun room and various team bonding and team building programs;
- Attractive compensation scheme.
How to apply
Send us an e-mail at email@example.com with your CV or call us.