Ness Digital Engineering designs and builds digital platforms and software that help organizations engage customers, differentiate their brands, and drive revenue growth.
You will be working for Alfresco, open source software company that provides simply a better way for people to work, ensuring they have the right information they need, exactly when they need it most. Their software powers the daily work of more than 11 million people at industry-leading organizations in more than 190 countries worldwide. The Alfresco Digital Business Platform is a modern, enterprise-class, cloud-native platform that enables organizations to build digital operations to deliver instant services with exceptional experiences. It provides the fastest path for people to interact with information and for organizations to quickly respond to threats, opportunities and circumstances. Alfresco helps more than 1,300 industry-leading organizations, including Cisco, Pitney Bowes, the Canadian Museum for Human Rights, US Navy Department, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and NASA, be more responsive and competitive. Founded in 2005, Alfresco has its headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. For more information on Alfresco, please visit http://www.alfresco.com.
- Analyze requirements, wireframes and capabilities of connected systems to propose appropriate solutions;
- Write clean, maintainable, stable and unit-tested code;
- Collaborate with QA Engineers from the team to help achieve high standards of quality in the product;
- Encompass dev-ops related tasks in your daily activities, such as working with VM’s, configure CI builds, scripting languages and version control systems;
- Communicate project status on a regular basis, identifying potential issues in a timely manner;
- Research and share industry innovations and trends.
- At least 4 years of recent practical experience in software engineering in a commercial setting;
- Good English skills, both written and verbal;
- Android development experience of Play Store-published app(s);
- Object-oriented programming skills;
- An understanding of networking, local data caching and multitasking on Android;
- Familiar with Android design patterns and coding conventions as well as Google’s User Interface Guidelines and Play Store App Guidelines;
- Unit testing strategies;
- Flexible and adaptable to both organizational and project-level changes;
- Appreciate great design and thrive in a creative environment;
- Approach technical challenges with an open mind and desire to innovate;
- Motivated by helping others and provide technical coaching to less experienced engineers.
- Git source control and familiarity with GitHub;
- Experience with integrating third party libraries;
- Experience of server operating systems (Linux and Windows Server);
- Profiling memory and CPU usage where necessary;
- UI automation testing strategies;
- RESTful APIs knowledge;
- Usage of scripting languages are an advantage for developing tools to automate tasks or processes;
- Continuous Integration, preferably Bamboo but familiarity with other systems such as Travis or Jenkins is desirable.
Nice to have:
- Experienced team and challenging projects;
- Floating holidays;
- Home office;
- Fresh fruits and beverages;
- Fun room and various team bonding and team building programs;
- Attractive compensation scheme.
How to apply
Send us an e-mail at email@example.com with your CV or call us.