Ness Digital Engineering designs and builds digital platforms and software that help organizations engage customers, differentiate their brands, and drive revenue growth.
For more information, visit www.ness.com.
You will be working for GEO, a young company, established in Cambridge, business that enjoys breaking new ground in home energy. Their working field is in IoT Energy space: monitor & control. Over the past 10 years they have developed over a dozen products, sold more then 2 million energy monitoring systems addressing the UK market and energy consumption transparency regulations. Geo is well known in UK and rapidly expanding in Nordic countries with different products. Geo’s in-home displays are handy little devices, that show in real time, how much energy is consumed. Geo smart thermostat is called COSY (Release 0 happened ☺ in 2013 and won Silver International Design Award in 2014). Geo's software technologies range from ultra-low power IoT to big data cloud services. For more information, visit www.geotogether.com
- Work directly with multiple disciplines – hardware/software, consumer design, quality assurance, operations, marketing, business development to manage deliverables, dependencies and schedule risks
- Work closely with UI/UX teams to make sure new features can be delivered on time
- Continuously evaluate and communicate project status, risks and issues to upper management
- Participate in ongoing improvements for apps already in production
- Displays original thinking and creativity
- Takes initiative and develops innovative approaches / ideas
- Excellent core Java programming skills (4+ years) including multi-threading
- Practical experience of using the Spring framework (1+ years)
- Experience in Data Access, Server Side integrations, Extensions, and building RESTful APIs
- Extensive knowledge of microservice architecture
- Has experience in using AWS services (Beanstalk, EC2, API Gateway, etc.)
- Software engineering experience including unit testing, refactoring, source control management, continuous integration and build processes
- A strong knowledge of computer programming theory with the ability to make appropriate programming choices based on that knowledge
- Comfortable working in teams
- Technology enthusiast – eager to work with a range of technologies
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Fluency in English
- Experienced team and challenging projects;
- Floating holidays;
- Home office;
- Fresh fruits and beverages;
- Fun room and various team bonding and team building programs;
- Attractive compensation scheme.
How to apply
Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV or call us.