Ness Digital Engineering designs and builds digital platforms and software that help organizations engage customers, differentiate their brands, and drive revenue growth.
For more information, visit www.ness.com.
You will be working for GEO, a young company, established in Cambridge, business that enjoys breaking new ground in home energy. Their working field is in IoT Energy space: monitor & control. Over the past 10 years they have developed over a dozen products, sold more then 2 million energy monitoring systems addressing the UK market and energy consumption transparency regulations. Geo is well known in UK and rapidly expanding in Nordic countries with different products. Geo’s in-home displays are handy little devices, that show in real time, how much energy is consumed. Geo smart thermostat is called COSY (Release 0 happened ☺ in 2013 and won Silver International Design Award in 2014). Geo's software technologies range from ultra-low power IoT to big data cloud services. For more information, visit www.geotogether.com
- Facilitate the definition of new product feature-sets, cost, and schedule;
- Create and enhance Android native apps;
- Work directly with multiple disciplines – hardware/software, consumer design, quality assurance, operations, marketing, business development to manage deliverables, dependencies and schedule risks;
- Work closely with UI/UX teams to make sure new features can be delivered on time;
- Continuously evaluate and communicate project status, risks, and issues to upper management;
- Participate in ongoing improvements for apps already in production;
- Displays original thinking and creativity;
- Perform cloud server upgrades and security patches as necessary
- Takes initiative and develops innovative approaches/ideas.
- 5+ years of professional development experience required;
- 5+ years Android application development with successful applications released on Google Play Store;
- Extensive experience with UIKit, designing UI for iPhone & iPad, debugging complex UI layouts and interactions;
- Firebase/Robolectric/ Mockito/Jenkins;
- Object-oriented design & development, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, multi-threading and complexity analysis;
- Experience with Unit Test development;
- Proven ability to work effectively in an agile team at all phases of product development;
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field;
- Interest in or exposure to smart energy and IoT systems.
- 4+ years web app development;
- Expertise in developing data-driven apps against REST APIs using frameworks such as AngularJS & D3;
- Knowledge of Lottie/RxJava/ Retrofit/Butterknife/Iconify /Espresso, Mixpanel/ Zeplin.
Nice to have:
- Experienced team and challenging projects;
- Floating holidays;
- Home office;
- Fresh fruits and beverages;
- Fun room and various team bonding and team building programs;
- Attractive compensation scheme.
How to apply
Send us an e-mail at email@example.com with your CV or call us.