As a frontend developer, you will be part of a scrum team responsible for developing tools and core functionality in the Fronter learning platform, which is based on the LAMP stack.
You’ll get the opportunity to participate in all team activities ranging from planning to implementation, testing, QA and release.
The Fronter development teams work closely with our itslearning colleagues in Bergen, Russia, Poland, Netherlands, and Boston. No development or testing task is one person’s responsibility. The team works together to take responsibility for each release.
We expect you to be professionally curious, continuously developing your skill sets across the stack, focusing primarily on modern front end practices and UX, while taking a keen interest in the other disciplines needed for continuous release.
An ideal candidate will not only have the ability to create a good front end experience, but also improve upon legacy front end and write clear and understandable code. Having a reasonable understanding of working in the back end is needed in order to team up on bug fixing and debugging. You must have a “can do” attitude with a thirst for knowledge and a drive for self-improvement. Most importantly you must care about progressing your team, your code and the end user’s experience.
Technical qualifications required:
- Excellent knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Experience with front end frameworks.
- Linux/Unix experience.
- Good experience with Git.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or minimum 4 years relevant experience.
- Working level English, both written and oral.
- Experience working with Scrum, Lean or other agile methodologies.
- Ability to manage self improvement and help others to do the same.
- A positive attitude and an understanding of the importance of working culture.
- A passion to improve global education.
- An understanding of modern UX.
- WebDriver (any language).
- A good understanding of functional and reactive programming in the front end.
- Experience with Compass/SASS or LESSCSS.
- Other programming languages, such as Python, Java, .NET etc.
- Application build tools.
- Virtual machine technology (Vagrant, Virtualbox).
- Working knowledge of continuous deployment.
How to apply
Send us an e-mail at email@example.com with your CV or call us.