ABOUT FIRST DERIVATIVES
First Derivatives (FD) is a leading provider of products and consulting services to some of the world’s largest finance, technology and energy institutions.
Focused on financial institutions that work cross-asset, often with multi-system and/or high volume trading activities, the Company scopes, designs, develops, implements and supports a broad range of mission critical data and trading systems across front, middle and back-office operations.
The Company’s software is also used in a range of industries including telecoms, digital marketing, pharma and utilities to help organisations solve their most demanding data management and analytics challenges.
- Design , Configuration , Support and Maintenance of Linux Services to SLA at First Derivatives DCs;
- Develop the processes/procedures as part of a continuous improvement approach to System and Service Delivery;
- Work as part of highly skilled technical team reporting to the Head of Technical Services;
- Interaction with support teams globally in other FD offices;
- Work in an audited (SSAE18) environment using ITIL best practices;
- Provide out-of-hours on-call support for the Unix Services that you provide;
- Help maintain the Internally hosted and cloud based First Derivatives Linux Systems.
- Degree level or higher in Computer Science or related discipline;
- 6 Years Linux Administration – Redhat Enterprise 6 and 7;
- Cloud experience (mainly AWS) an advantage. FD systems are a blend of onsite and cloud based;
- Scripting Experience (Python, Ruby, Unix Shell scripts);
- Load Balancing Technologies – working knowledge;
- Experience working within an ITIL environment;
- Experience in Administering EMC VNX SANs;
- Familiarity with multi-tier web deployed systems;
- Capacity Management;
- Backup solutions – a working knowledge of ‘Amanda’ advantageous;
- Proficient in troubleshooting hardware issues on Dell and HP servers.
- Responsible Individual who will take ownership of their domain and be prepared to stand over the service provided;
- Ability to work well in a small technical team working from multiple locations;
- Operations background with solid understanding of process driven, best practice service delivery;
- Ability to operate at Customer Contact level;
- Good communications and leadership skills;
- Service and Customer based focus.
- Apache Tomcat configuration, kdb+ , Nagios, Windows Server, VPNs and stunnels;
- Knowledge of Foreign exchange or similar financial services.
Nice to have:
How to apply
Send us an e-mail at email@example.com with your CV or call us.