ABOUT FIRST DERIVATIVES
First Derivatives (FD) is a leading provider of products and consulting services to some of the world’s largest finance, technology and energy institutions.
Focused on financial institutions that work cross-asset, often with multi-system and/or high volume trading activities, the Company scopes, designs, develops, implements and supports a broad range of mission critical data and trading systems across front, middle and back-office operations.
The Company’s software is also used in a range of industries including telecoms, digital marketing, pharma and utilities to help organisations solve their most demanding data management and analytics challenges.
- Develop & support Java server side components of market making, pricing, and hedging applications;
- Produce object oriented designs in Java, enhance , re-factor existing designs;
- Developing and demonstrating a broad set of technology skills in Java technologies;
- Translate business requirements into technical design using appropriate methodology;
- Interface with various stakeholders across multiple business units understanding their requirements, and developing and/or enhancing existing solutions to meet their needs
- Developing robust systems with an eye towards performance, supportability and maintainability
- Strong development practices including pairing, code reviews, unit testing and regression testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field;
- Must have a very good understanding of object-oriented design, programming and be able to put this knowledge into practice;
- Experience creating enterprise multi-threaded systems;
- Proficiency in Core Java programming;
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies;
- Experience building system from end to end.
How to apply
Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV or call us.