Who we’re looking for
- University degree in Computer Science or related;
- Basic knowledge of data structures, algorithms (tree structures, linear search etc);
- OOP (singleton, factory, observer, MVC etc);
- Proven experience of Java & JVM, experience with Scala or desire to learn Scala;
- Fundamental programming skills: keeping code DRY, focused on readable and maintainable code, dependency injection, concurrency concepts;
- Basic knowledge of technologies (SQL, message queues, template engines, HTTP, REST etc);
- Basic knowledge of release management (Maven / SBT, continuous integration, TDD & QA);
- Basic knowledge of security problems faced on server side, willingness to carefully read RFCs and OWASP wiki;
- Familiar with Agile development, source control (Git, SVN), aware of the necessity and efficient use of issue/bug tracking to organise one’s workload;
- Would be a big plus: noSQL experience (ElasticSearch, Cassandra, MongoDB), big data experience, experience with concurrent programming, familiarity with functional programming, experience with Scala.
- People who engage in software engineering as an inherently social activity that requires efficient communication, good cooperation and mutual aid;
- Self learners with a hands-on attitude, not shy in asking for help;
- People who take responsibility and ownership for work done;
- People who can explain and document the reasons and thinking behind one’s actions;
- People who can offer and handle constructive criticism and reviews;
- People who can handle sardonic comments related to hacker culture, agile development and other buzzwords of the industry;
- People with a restless passion to learn new things and a natural talent at being versatile;
- People who are fluent in spoken and written English.
- Competitive salary & bonuses based on performance.
- All-inclusive private health plan.
- The best tools money can buy – very fast company laptop and at least one secondary screen.
- Knowledge exchange & individual coaching for personal development.
- The chance to grow a career in a non-corporate environment.
- Cozy office in the city center.
- Informal working conditions & flexibility.
- 1 day/week work from home possibility.
- Cool parties, teambuildings and other team outings.
- Office treats: best coffee powered by Jura, fresh fruits and snacks.
How to apply
Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV or call us.